Posting Number: 59961 & 60491
Certified EEG Technician
EEG Services – University Hospital
EEG Services provide comprehensive patient-centered care and contributes to the understanding of epilepsy through diagnostic investigation, education and research. Reporting to the Coordinator, CNS Ambulatory Care & Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, the Registered EEG Technician is responsible for performing electroencephalograms related electrophysiological diagnostic activity in the inpatient and ambulatory care areas. Other responsibilities may include but are not limit to, 24-hour monitoring in the 2-bed Paediatric Epilepsy Unit, including video monitoring; 24-hour monitoring of patients with surgically implanted (invasive) subdural/or grid electrodes; assisting the physician with cortical stimulation with invasive subdural and/or grid electrodes; performing prolonged EEGs intraoperatively, and conducting EEG research.
Rate of Pay: $30.13 per hour to $34.68 per hour
- Post Secondary undergraduate degree in health sciences, information technology or biomedical fields
- Certification by the Canadian Board of Registered EEG Technologist (CBRET)
- Well-developed patient assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation skills
- Demonstrated effective communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands that require attention to detail in a high volume environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centred care
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
London Health Sciences Centre foster a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC's Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that an internal reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
Please visit www.lhsc.on.ca – Careers for more information
There are so many great reasons to join London Health Sciences Centre. Here are a few of the great reasons for joining LHSC. We know that once you get to know us better, you'll want to add your own reasons to the list!
- Multiple Professional Growth Opportunities
- A Shared Leadership Model
- A Leading-Edge Environment
- International Acclaim
- On-Site Wellness Centre
Together we care, we learn, we discover.